Information about base camps of Lenin Peak
For expeditions ascending “Lenin Peak” we provide two large, state-of-the-art and comfortable base camps equipped with all necessary facilities:
Base Camp (3,600 m) offers the following services:
• Kyrgyz national yurts (spacious mess-rooms used for dining, relaxation and entertainment).
• Spacious and comfortable base tents (2 or 3 persons per tent) furnished with wooden floor pallets, bed clothes and “kurpachas” (Kyrgyz national mattresses).
• Vapour bath with sweating-room available every afternoon and evening.
• WC equipped with flushing toilets with seats. Also available are facilities allowing hot water showers supplied with soap and mirrors in both Camps.
• Luggage office (tent).
• Medical assistance post with all necessary medical supplies including oxygen equipment available for high quality first aid. Professional doctor-reanimatologist with experience of working at high-altitude conditions is available to you at all times. The doctor is also responsible for regular participant examinations so as to offer advise on their health condition throughout the tour.
• Volleyball playing field.
• Specially trained high-altitude rescue team capable of rendering most rescue services including transportation at altitudes above 7,000m. Registration of climbers in the special Ascent Book is essential. You will be handed over an appropriate certificate when you are back to BC.
• Full board: 3 meals a day including, as minimum, a soup, a main course, 2 salads, fruit dessert and tea or coffee made by a professional chef (no less than 10 years experience). Vegetarian and customized meals are also provided on request.
• You may also order a special meal set in the national yurt on the special occasion that you return, a cooked lamb especially for you (subject to advance orders).
Camp 1 (4400 m) offers you:
• Same kind of yurt mess-rooms providing warmth and cosiness (yurts are equipped with ovens), comfort (necessary furniture - tables and benches - is available), electricity, audio and video appliances, PC with access to Internet, hearty meals as well as a bar serving tea, brewed coffee, hard and soft drinks, snacks etc.
• Accommodation in spacious tents (2 and 3 persons per tent).
• Toilet (“field” version), always maintained and kept clean in perfectly sound sanitary conditions (with usage of antibacterial agents).
• There you can also rent high-altitude gear like “Red Fox” or “Terra Nova” tents, ropes “Cavea” gas stoves, “Black Diamond crampons, ice axes, “Motorola” and “Midland” communication radios etc.
• Luggage office (tent).
• Also at your disposal are satellite phones, Internet connection, communication radios, battery recharge, new/recharged gas canisters, high-altitude gear rental and high altitude guides and porters.
• Vapour bath in the Camp 1.
Photo of Lenin Peak base camps:
Videos about the Lenin Peak region:
2011 Lenin Peak Season
Lenin Peak Slide Show
Tour of Central Asia Travel
© Material presented by «Central Asia Travel».
Copying and using all presented information and material is possible ONLY by authority of the originator.
|«« go back||to the top »»|
Reviews were found: 6