Ceramics master class
Content of the event:
Master class of pottery craft in a ceramic workshop, creating of own pieces of artwork on a potter's wheel under the guidance of an experienced potter.
The master class will immerse ceramics aficionados in the mystery of creating original Uzbek ceramics, slightly open the veil of the centuries-old secrets of pottery, teach the basics of working with a potter's wheel and painting ceramics in traditional technique. Take a pottery class from a local master!
- House of hereditary ceramists and pottery workshop in Gijduvan
- House-Museum named after Mukhitdin Rakhimov and the pottery workshop of hereditary ceramists in Tashkent
- House of hereditary ceramists and pottery workshop in Rishtan
Ceramics is one of the most ancient crafts developed in the territory of Uzbekistan. In many regions, a unique school of art ceramics has been formed, which is typical for a particular area and different from all other schools.
Rishtan and Gijduvan ceramics, numerous clay figurines, toys and ceramic dishes - all these items, decorated with strictly defined ornaments and non-repeating patterns, best convey the warmth of the soul of the Uzbek people, its character and unique culture!
The program of the ceramic master class
- Participants will visit one of the existing pottery workshops.
- Under the guidance of a local master ceramist, they will create their own unique ceramic products on a potter's wheel.
- ... or learn how to paint ceramic pieces. Painting on pottery with traditional techniques and original dyes is very exciting!
- Visitors will also be offered a small tour around the ceramics museum, which displays ceramics related to the Tashkent, Gijduvan or Rishtan schools of potters.
Each participant will be able to take home a ceramic piece made or painted with his own hands.
© Copyright © Central Asia Travel.
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced without written permission of the copyright owner.